Skip to main content

Awesome night card, pt. 219

I tracked down a 1 1/2-inch binder today and paged my complete 2011 Topps Lineage 1975-style mini insert set.

Here is a quick snapshot:


Isn't it beautiful?

I admit I am a bit concerned that the thrill of both completing this set and having pages that fit these cards is fading a little. The excitement of both feats should stay around forever.

I guess that's why I blog, to keep the thrill going a little longer.

Completing a 200-card insert set is no easy achievement and these minis marked the first time I ever thought of doing such a thing. If the cards weren't a tribute to my favorite cards from the first year that I collected, I never would have attempted such insanity.

Now I'm standing over my purchased binder with the cards all paged, yelling to myself, "THIS WAS DIFFICULT, DAMN IT! DON'T YOU REMEMBER? BE MORE EXCITED!"

Anyway ...

After having paged the "real" 1975 Topps mini set and now the Lineage mini set, with the perfectly fitted pages that UltraPro so graciously sent me, I have a handful of mini pages left over.

What to do. What to do.

I'm pretty certain that I will use the remainder to store any 1970s Kellogg's cards I obtain. The skinner ones (1979, 1980, 1983) swish around in the pockets a little too much for my liking. But the Kellogg's cards I really like, which are between 1974-78, are the perfect size.

But it'll take awhile before I get to Kellogg's on the priority list.

So what should I store in those pages in the meantime?


I'm considering one mini-card page of night cards.

In the past I shunned mini night cards because the night card binder is in order by number and I'm not putting mini cards next to regular-size cards in customary 9-pocket page and then watching the mini cards flap around when I turn a page.

But if I segregate the mini cards in a mini-card page -- at the "kids' table," so to speak -- then that will take care of my OCD. It will be a page of honor for mini-night carddom.

Until I need the page for Kellogg's.

Sorry, I discovered Kellogg's 3-D action long before night cards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night card binder candidate: David Freese, 2013 Topps 1972-style mini insert, #TM-52
Does it make the binder?: Yes, in the special "kids table" mini page.

Comments

I completed my Kelloggs Angels Team sets a month or so ago, got it scanned, but I can't get around to writing it out. Let's see who gets to it first.
Mark Kaz said…
Congrats to you, Greg! It's been a long time coming. I know you'll enjoy it many years to come.
Fuji said…
Those mini pages are awesome. I've gotta track some of those down for myself. As for those awesome Lineage minis...I'm still scratching my head with Topps' decision to go with paragraph biographies on the back.