Skip to main content

Deluge


This is the time of the year when the card collecting world is at its craziest. If I was a player collector, I'd never survive. All of those brand new 1/1 of listings and other rare cards of your favorite player suddenly popping up everywhere would drain my will to live.

I'm already exhausted as it is and I have plenty of collecting outlets -- new cards, old cards, Dodgers, every player under the sun, and under the moon. Sets, subsets, inserts sets, you name it. My collecting success isn't decided by a single guy.

But I'm truly swamped right now. Buying a blaster of 2013 Topps might not have been the smartest idea, because I've created like 8 more trades for myself, and I should have known that was going to happen.

So this is more for me than is for you. This is the itinerary for my card packaging. I'll try to stick to it.


This weekend

Pack and mail cards to: David (Pirates fan), mr. haverkamp, 2 by 3 Heroes, Phungo, Plain Gray Swatch and Twitter trader @wrudart.


Next week

Pack and mail cards to: Mark's Ephemera (hope I can find more than one card!), ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession, Jaybarkerfan's Junk, Cardboard Junkie, Napkin Doon, Twitter traders @grogg and @KevinBassStache (trade transacting still in progress!), and Dime Boxes.

I know I won't get to all of those, so ...



The following week

Send cards off to those I missed the previous week and package and mail cards to Nachos Grande, The Chronicles of Fuji, Heartbreaking Cards, 30-Year-Old Cardboard, Funner Here, and Card Anathema.


The week after that

Hopefully complete trades and package cards for Scott Crawford on Cards, Hot Corner Cards, and possibly some people who mentioned on the last post that they wanted to trade (yeah, sorry the wait is that long. Other people that I can physically touch demand that I spend time with them).

Oh, and if I forgot to mention anyone here ... just remind me. But be polite about it. Don't start lecturing me in the comments, please. I don't respond well to that.

Oh, yeah, and I also have a 500,000 pageviews prize to mail out somewhere in there, too. In the next couple of days I'll announce a winner.

And while I'm on things I need to do, I should mention that you could win a jumbo box of 2013 Topps by making a simple $5 donation to a very worthy charity. Help out Crackin' Wax if you can.

One more thing: The cards I just showed came from Plain Gray Swatch. One of the guys who is due a card package.

See? I'm thinking about you guys. Really.

And now, I think I'll get some sleep.

This wonderful, exhilarating, always fascinating hobby is wearing me out.

Comments

I thought I was in the weeds. Good luck.
JediJeff said…
You forgot to factor in times for eating, sleeping and showering.
"Other people that I can physically touch demand that I spend time with them)."

LOL - My brain understands this as "wife hate blog."
Unknown said…
Thank you very much for mentioning the jumbo box giveaway charity drive! I really appreciate it! Now, go take a nap already!