Skip to main content

Where am I?


I've just returned from my journey over the river and through the woods. I'm totally disoriented and will never eat pie nor watch the Detroit Lions again.

For me, the Thanksgiving holiday is a series of tests regarding how much self-control I can exhibit in a given situation:

a) Will I have a third helping of pumpkin pie after downing practically an entire bag of fun-size, autumn-themed, dark chocolate candies?

(Yes, I will. Self-control loses that battle)

b) Will I finally tell a certain in-law to stop complaining incessantly about their lot in life and shut the hell up?

(No, I won't. Score one for self-control)

c) Will I stand in a parking lot at 4 a.m. with a group of ill-behaved strangers the following day?

(You've got to be kidding. That's not self-control. That's drawing the line at "crazy.")

During my time away I barely blogged, but tried to view other bloggers' holiday posts. I commented very sporadically, because it's a pain in the app to comment remotely.

I am ridiculously behind in just about every area having to do with cards, but completely incapable of addressing it today or even tomorrow.

Instead, I will leave you with the simplest of trade posts. Long ago, Jason sent me a few Dodgers in exchange for some Orioles. The prize of the dozen or so cards was the Matt Kemp orange refractor up at the top of the post. I realize it looks red, but I have no time or patience to figure out why it scans red, so you'll just have to believe me.

I still have yet to pull an orange refractor of a Dodger. It's possibly the most vexing problem I've come across in the hobby in 2010. Really. Other people are lamenting the lack of Upper Deck baseball and whatever the hell Panini is doing (I'm not paying attention). But I'm getting all indignant about the team collation of parallels in retail rack packs. I guess we can't all be big dreamers.

Here are a few other cards from Jason:


Turn of the century Dodger needs. Arranged haphazardly.

Many thanks to Jason. That gets me about 1/12th through the trades that I need to feature here. ...

OK, I've just spent 5 minutes staring at the screen trying to figure out how to end this silly thing.

So, I'll just say bye.

See ya in the wee hours.

Comments

Greg Zakwin said…
That Kemp is a beauty, nice pick-up!
Gotta love orange refractors!!! Happy Holidays!!!