Skip to main content

Can I cut this card in half?

So, after a couple of weeks of dangling this card out on the line in hopes that someone with a Clayton Kershaw autographed card might bite, I was beginning to doubt whether anyone would come through.

But then it happened. Lightning struck. Twice. Yesterday someone offered me a Kershaw auto card for the Carl Crawford Exquisite crazy high-end card. And when I came home from work tonight, I pulled the trigger on the deal. The Crawford card was his.

The next thing I did after completing the trade was start wandering through the blogs. One of the first ones I read involved a fascinating little tribute to Herb "Briefcase" Simpson. I read all the way to the end, because Troll makes me want to read the whole cotton-pickin' thing.

And then, there it was: a photo of a Clayton Kershaw autographed card. And the last sentence of the post said: "Mr. Night Owl, this is for you ..."

WH-WH-WHAAAAAAATTT!!!

Oh, no. I just ... just ... finished signing off on a deal to send the Crawford card in exchange for a different Kershaw card. And, dammit, I don't have TWO CRAWFORD EXQUISITE CARDS. I only have one.

Oh, this is a fine mess I've gotten myself into.

I guess I should be like Donald Trump or someone and play the offers off against each other. But I'm not like that. In fact, I feel bad about the whole thing. Sorry, Mr. Troll. I hope you hang onto that Kershaw. I'll find something really nice to send you. Someday. I swear.

Comments

Don't sweat it dude. I do really want that particular card, but if it's meant to be, something will work out. Don't give it a second thought. I am happier that you read my blog, ha! The Kershaw will end up in your hands one way or another, too. My local card shop actually had one a few months ago. I offered him a deal, he accepted and I was a few dollars short. He said he would hold it for me. I came back the next week and he said "Sorry. Some guy offered me twice as much. Why would you want a Dodgers card anyway?" That was before you even had the Crawford card. I've been traveling a lot in search of one for you. Finally found this one in Ocala, Floria (about 2 hours away). I figured the CC was long gone away. Anyway, I can't even write a short comment. Long windedness is a disease and I suffer. Cheers!
Zach said…
i am interested in this card. I do have a kershaw auto but would like more than that card for it
Zach said…
whoops didnt see that u traded it
night owl said…
Good news, Troll! The card is yours.