Skip to main content

A final roster (uh, sort of)

I was prepared to post on the finalized Dodgers' 25-man roster, since the deadline for announcing these things was supposed to be this afternoon.

But the Dodgers are still frogging around with their bullpen and infield and have apparently boughten some more time. So instead, I'll just post some Dodgers I got in a recent trade. You didn't want to see a list of names anyway, did you? You want to see pictures!

This James McDonald gold card is one of the cards I received from Ed of Roll Out the Barrel, a new Brewer-centric card blog. I'm featuring McDonald first because I do know that he was officially named the Dodgers' fifth starter today. Good for you, James. Don't get panicky, now. You've got everything you need out there.

It's funny because I finally caught the MLB Network's Dodger feature on that "30 Teams in 30 Days" show. I'm not sure how early they tape those shows in advance, but Joe Torre, when asked about the fifth starter, mentioned Claudio Vargas first, then Eric Milton and Shawn Estes. None of those guys are even close to winning a starting job now.

Here's one of the guys still waiting for word from L.A. I'm guessing he's going to get sent down. But I'm hoping he stays. I suppose he'd benefit from playing more often in Albuquerque.

Heeeeeere's Manny! What would TV do without Manny? I see they've added a couple 100 Manny-as-a-Dodger cards this year. I can't possibly collect them all.

But isn't it fun to try? Here's a chromy Manny. It looks so much better in person than on the blog. But I'm still of the mind that Chrome on Heritage just looks weird. It just doesn't go. It's kind of like giving relationship advice in Beckett magazine. Know what I mean?

Another Heritage chrome card, this time of ex-Dodger Brad Penny. He went from my favorite Dodger to Mr. Cranky awfully fast.

Another gold card of former Dodger Berroa. He's now in the minors with the Yankees. That's about where he belongs.

I also received a few 2009 Topps cards that I needed from Ed. I'll display closer Brad Lidge, who got the last out for the World Champion Philadelphia Phillies last season.

Although it looks like the Phillies won't be needing Lidge at this point. They're down to the Braves 4-0 in the fourth.

It's so good to see baseball on TV again.

Comments

gcrl said…
i watched the dodgers/giants game today. the dodgers had a bunch of non-roster players, leaving me to wonder if juan castro actually made the team or not. the suspense is killing me. or not.
MarieBay said…
This game has been brutal to watch.
Anonymous said…
Glad you got the cards.

I'll be on the look out for more Dodgers so send your way.