Skip to main content

Variation madness, the sequel

These are the Topps throwback Dodgers that I received the other day from Dan of Grand Cards. He recently held a 3-throwback blaster break, and I landed seven Dodgers cards (I'm not showing the duplicate Matt Kemp card).

Through the kindness of bloggers and the purchase of one throwback blaster, I should have all of the Dodgers from Series 1 by the end of the week, except for two. I'm still looking for Greg Maddux and Mark Sweeney. That's pretty good, considering the throwback cards haven't been out for more than a couple of weeks.

In fact, with all the variations out these days, I'm doing quite well collecting one particular Dodger -- Matt Kemp.

So far, I have:

1. REGULAR. The plain, old Topps 2009 Series I card. At one point I thought this was the only Topps Kemp card of the year. And I was pretty happy about that. I was such a fool.

2. GOLD. I initially forgot about the gold card, which I now have. I think Topps has run the gold cards into the ground. It's time to end it.

3. BLACK. And then along came the wacky Topps Black card. I have most of the Dodgers of this variation, too.

4. THROWBACK. And, finally, the more old-school, gray-back, throwback card.

Am I missing any other Topps Kemp cards? I'm assuming there is one of those black-bordered cards, numbered to 58. Any others?

I am so glad I'm not a player collector.

Comments

Pop Startled said…
Isn't there also the black border and the silk?
night owl said…
Ah, yes, the silk. I've seen only one of those cards in person, so they're easy to forget.